– New Patient Visits-$250.00
– Follow-up Visits– $125.00
– Telepsychiatry Visits– $ call to inquire, some insurances may cover the cost
– ADHD Objective Data Testing– $ 150.00, not covered by insurance
– Pharmacogenomic Testing– $ call to inquire, some insurances may cover the cost
– Unscheduled medication refills (outside of follow up appts)– $25.00
– Missed and late appointments– $75.00
– Paperwork Fees– $25.00-$100.00 dependent upon the time needed to complete the forms. Complex paperwork requires an in office appointment. Please allow up to 7 business days to complete any letter or paperwork.
– Medical Records– 0.83 cents per page plus any applicable fees if records are mailed. There is a preparation fee of $22.88 if records are sent to another provider or a person other than the patient or the patient’s personal representative (this is the current rate per DHMH Maryland website). Please allow 7-10 business days to prepare records.
– For all billing inquiries please call 410-941-9260 and leave a detailed message.
Collaboration between healthcare providers is vital to your overall health and well-being. At the first session please have the name and number of your primary care provider (M.D. or Nurse Practitioner) as well as copies of your labs and EKG (if available) within the last 12 months.
The initial appointment is an evaluation. If we are in agreement with the treatment plan we can initiate care. The only time we may not be able to initiate care is if additional information is required first. Lastly, if we are unable to meet your needs we can assist you in finding another clinician.
It is important to keep your scheduled appointment as it has been reserved for you. If you must cancel an appointment scheduled Tuesday-Thursday please call 410-762-4550 at least 24 hours in advance during normal business hours. To cancel a Monday appointment you must call no later than 3 pm on Thursday because we are closed on Fridays. This will allow us to offer your appointment to someone on the waitlist. If you do not cancel your appointment within the allotted time, you will be charged a cancellation fee of $75.00 which must be paid prior to rescheduling another appointment. We also understand that certain circumstances cannot be avoided and the fee for the appointment time may be waived at our discretion on a case by case basis.
This fee will also apply if you missed your appointment or are more than 10 minutes late. We may cancel the appointment and charge a fee of $75.00. There may be times when we can accommodate you if you are running late but the session will still end at the scheduled time.
For new patients who miss the initial appointment there is a $100.00 rescheduling fee that must be paid prior to a scheduling a new appointment. Please note, insurance does not cover the above mentioned fees.
Again, Friday-Sunday and Holidays do not count as normal business hours for us, which means if you need to cancel a Monday appointment please call no later than Thursday at 3 pm. Again we ask this so we can offer the appointment to someone on the waitlist.
If you miss or cancel more than 3 scheduled appointments we may terminate services provided by Be Well Behavioral Health. Our goal is to provide personalized care and to do so includes your active participation.
Refills are primarily done during the follow-up appointments. If you miss your follow-up appointment and need a refill, you will be required to pay a $25.00 processing fee prior to the medication being filled and will only given enough to cover you until the next appointment. This request is at the discretion of the prescribing provider and does not include any controlled medications. Controlled medications such as stimulants and benzodiazepines are regulated by the DEA and require in person visits.
We ask that you call your pharmacy for refills so they can send us your request electronically on your behalf. It is your responsibility to keep your appointments as scheduled so you do not run out of medication. Call the pharmacy 5 days ahead and the medication will be filled within 3 business days. No refill requests will be processed on weekends or holidays.
Dr. Shannon Holder may not be immediately available by telephone due to seeing patients. At these times you may leave a message and your call will be returned within the next business day. To reach her faster please use the patient portal (A link to the patient portal will be emailed to to you during the first visit) which is a secure means of communicating during normal business hours. She responds Monday-Thursday within 24 hrs. Dr. Holder does not have access to the email so any issues or concerns you have with your treatment plan must go through the patient portal.
Electronic mail (email) is not a confidential means of communicating any of your protected health information (PHI) which is why we encourage you to use the patient portal. Although we use encrypted email we cannot guarantee it to be a secure or error-free and its confidentiality may be vulnerable to access by unauthorized third parties.
Be Well Behavioral Health assumes no responsibility or liability with respect to any error, omission, claim or loss arising from or in connection with the electronic communication of information by Be Well Behavioral Health. By using email to communicate you assume the risk that any individually identifiable health information and other sensitive or confidential information that may be contained in such email may be misdirected, disclosed to or intercepted by, unauthorized third parties. We ask that you be mindful before you put any information in an email and not use email for anything you want to be kept private.
Please note that anything you send us electronically becomes part of your legal record, even if we do not place it in the chart and please do not forward emails from third parties in your life. It is better to print those out and bring them to the appointment to discuss them.
Text messages: Texts are sent by Be Well Behavioral Health via secure means for appointment reminders only and cannot be used to communicate any concerns.
Patient Portal: Our patient portal is the preferred method of communication because it is encrypted via the electronic medical record and applies to HIPAA standards. Again, the patient portal link provided to you will be used as a secure means to communicate during normal business hours so please sign up.
Although, rare Be Well Behavioral Health reserves the right to terminate treatment under the following conditions:
– When the services offered are no longer therapeutic or when you may be better served by a higher level of care
– When you do not engage or are non-adherent to the treatment plan
– When you miss more than 3 appointments without 24 hr advanced notice or you cancel several appointments. If more than 4 months have passed since you were seen at Be Well Behavioral Health, we have the right to discharge you. You may re-initiate care, but it will be at the discretion of the clinician.
– When there are unpaid balances
– When there is a misuse of prescriptions
– When you, your family members, or significant other becomes hostile or aggressive to the staff or clinicians.
– If you bring weapons (such as firearms or knives) into the office. They are not allowed under any circumstances.
If you are discharged from the practice, a letter will be sent to you immediately and we will make every effort to recommend referrals for further treatment.
For patients who need paperwork for FMLA/Short-term disability, the patient must be established with the practice for at least 3 months, be seen in therapy regularly every 1-2 weeks, and seen by the prescribing provider every 4-6 weeks.
We do not write letters for Emotional Support Animals (ESA) due to concerns of liability.
Emergencies- If you or someone you know is unable to keep themselves safe, call 911 or contact the crisis line at 1-800-784-2433 or the mobile crisis unit at 410-768-5522. You can also text HOME to 741741.
Inclement Weather- In the event of inclement weather, we ask that you call the office to confirm if we are opening. We make every effort to be open but we do so within reason to ensure everyones safety. If we have to close, we will also do our best to contact those patients scheduled for the day.
- – New Year’s Day
- – Martin Luther King’s Birthday
– Memorial Day
= Independence Day
= Labor Day
= Thanksgiving Day
= Friday after Thanksgiving
– Christmas Eve
– Christmas Day
– New Year’s Eve
We reserve the right to revise or amend these policies at any time